Skip to content Skip to footer

Help to Claim

Do you need help to make a new Universal Credit claim?

At Citizens Advice LeicesterShire we can support you to make a new claim for Universal Credit, from opening your account to receiving your first full payment.

Our trained advisers can help you to:

  • Set-up your Universal Credit account
  • Complete your claim to-dos
  • Verify your identity
  • Make sure you’re providing the right evidence to the Jobcentre
  • Understand what Universal Credit will mean for you


If you’re not sure what help you need just get in touch with us and we can work out how we can support you.  


Or alternatively:


Freephone 0800 144 8 444



Available at


You can also get a referral to Help to Claim from your local Council or Jobcentre Plus.

You can find more information on Universal Credit on our advice pages.

If you’re a local organisation working with people who need to help to claim Universal Credit get in touch with us at for more information on how you can signpost or refer people to our service.